So I started with a leaking solarium that you could feel the wind blow and would be steaming hot in the summer. Hired a contractor to tear it down and rebuild the shell. I had him dry wall and float the interior with electricity ran. Here is my journey into building a better gaming room for my group. ( I know allot of the pictures are out of step-but you get the general flow/direction ) And I know my spelling is horibbleeee. The leaking -Hot- monster Notice the foil around the fan–I had wrapped the inside surface of the sunroom in an attempt to reflect the heat back out–the film worked very well Yeah I know thats the boring part of it all. Old lights in the pic above. New lights added to room And now the bricking starts-added a half wall around part of the room Then painted the ceiling–painted it sky blue–there is an old tal that says ghosts will not cross water and if you paint the roof/ceiling blue it fools ghosts into staying out….hmm Well it took awhile But I finally found a person that sold reclaimed wood. I had this idea that I would panel the room in old wood-kinda like an old house or bar room. I didnt realize it would be so hard to find and when you do find it fence boards mostly have old rusty nails in them and they may all be different sizes. Each piece of wood had to be inspected-the bad pieces cut off and the good pieces were brushed with a steel brush and a sander. The Walls are lined with a wooden strip about 1/2 inch think and then plastic was placed on top of that. I wanted a gap in the wall so the old wood would not be touching the new structure and the gap in between would allow air to flow behind it. Kind of like when a wood floor is install-you always install a barrier under it. You will notice the cat in almost every picture–He is my QA inspector “Cyric” the cat–anybody that knows the forgotten realms pantheon will recognize the name-and yes he is a bit like that.. So I decided I would start work on the floor-unfortunately the contractors left a ton of plaster stuck to it and it took days of scraping and then hours of mopping-I literally had to take OTC pain killers for my back after this. geeee After all the scraping and moping I had some acid etch samples left over from years ago. What the heck–I thru down the green and let it soak for a day. The next day had more mopping to get the acid etch off and then I ran down to Home Depot and purchased some wet seal and placed two coats of it on the floor–SHINE! After all the work is done I will place another coat of it on the floor—what a back breaker.. See some of the green starting to come in… You can see I have started working my way around the room with wood. More green Next I start work on the storage/cat area of the room. Love my cats but thatey can be messy-I wanted an area that was easy to clean-out of sight-and out of smell! Im no contrator/builder–framing is hard by yourself… Decided to switch gears and stain the wood window seals… Trying to find the right color for the curtains in the room–prob not red–maybe white. Closet Framed out and plastic placed on it followed by wood paneling. Shelving being added and bottom part being lined with carbon/roof tar paper. Another framing pic-plastic on/before wood After wood added Finished the faux bricks, not bad SO the next phase of the work space-bar-food area begins, the mini frig will be underneath and I plan on having some hidden compartments for paints etc etc etc…lets see how it goes. Leave a Reply Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.